Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chobani - a yogurt that really deserves its own blog post


Have you all tried Chobani greek yogurt? It is freakin' delicious. The pineapple is my favorite. It is super creamy and filling and better than you can imagine. It is 2% fat and I never really knew how important 2% fat could be until I tried this yogurt. "But I can't have 2.5 grams of fat! I'll just die!" No, you won't. And the little bit of fat with all the protein in it will keep you full for hours so you don't polish of your hidden Ben and Jerry's at 3 pm.

There are a few of the fat free flavors that I really like too, like peach and raspberry.

I like pomegranate too, but some people don't like the fact that there are real pomegranate seeds in it. I love those.

I am really looking forward to the new flavors Chobani is putting out:
Mango! Lemon! Yum!!!

These yogurts are more expensive than the puny ones you are used to buying. However, my local grocery store has them on sale all the time for $1 a piece. Besides that, they come in 6 oz portions, and many of the puny ones are only 4 oz. Did I mention 13g of protein?

I have to say that I love this brand so much that I've not tried any others. Anyone have any other recommendations?

4 comments:

  1. Beverly - I am also a HUGE Chobani fan!!! We buy it by the case at costco - 11 something for 12 containers - although you only get blueberry, strawberry and peach, but we like them all. Im very excited to try the cherry, mango and lemon too. Every now and then they are on sale at whole foods for $1 and I get the other flavors then too.

    I've tried other brands but Chobani is still my favorite. I've also been happy with Fage brand - but that I usually am buying in a larger plain or vanilla container for either cooking with or using in smoothies or with fresh fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like smooth yogurt. Which flavors are smooth not chunky?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little late to the party, but I was looking for thoughts on Chobani's pineapple and came across your site. Just became obsessed with Greek yogurt lately myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to look for these because your description is making me drool.

    ReplyDelete