Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snow days - OR- the best part of living in the NE

I LOVE snow days. I loved them when I was a kid and we lived in the upper peninsula of Michigan, I loved them when I lived in Alaska, and I love them now. Our snow day yesterday was of the wimpy variety, not my favorite kind at all. I much prefer the kind where you are stuck. Can't go anywhere and there is an emergency called so that only emergency vehicles are supposed to be on the road.

BUT, it was a snow day none-the-less. I did have to go into the lab for a little bit, but when I got back, we took off to the school and sled down the hills. There is nothing so fun for a mom that to see her kids doing this. Look at the expression on Anna's and her friend's faces!

aa ride1
aa ride2
aa ride3
aa ride4

And how about these photos of my penguin son, sledding on his belly, sans sled?

penguin1
penguin2
penguin3

These two were so happy to have a snow day! So happy to be out in the cold and running around.

anna snowday
noah snowday

And it made me so happy because they were actually happy enough to be sweet to each other.

anna noah bw sled2

After that, we went home, made hot chocolate and warmed up. And then Noah went back outside and spent the rest of daylight penguin sledding down our back yard hill. Totally makes the snow shoveling worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I see in their faces that they have a hillarious time in the hills. And that chocolate sounded wonderful

    ReplyDelete