Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why did I create this blog?

I decided to create this blog when I found myself continually thinking of things I'd like to post on Facebook, but then deciding against it when I realized that most of the people on there don't really know me well or care about what I think about things. The kids that I went to church camp really don't want to read about my views on politics and religion. Seriously, they don't. Maybe no one does, but that's the beauty of a blog. I can write it down, so it's out of my head and expressed and people can choose to read it or not. And they won't have to hide me on Facebook.

Why would you want to read it? I don't know. I like to read other people's blogs, to understand their thoughts and see their pictures, so maybe you will want to read mine too. I intend to use this blog to spill out all the stuff that runs around my head and sometimes makes me nuts. So that might be entertaining, but it might also be annoying. No way to tell yet. Stay tuned.

omni hotel 102610 3

I am a person of many opinions, but few dogmas. I believe in science. I am politically liberal for the most part, but not always a democrat. I value a smart conservative over a stupid liberal in most any argument. Also, my beliefs do not always align with my fellow liberals. For example, while I don't think we should let children starve because of poverty, I don't believe in handing out money to people without work. Not so much because of the cost to taxpayers, but because of the cost to the person who is given money without work. Although most of the views I hold would be considered liberal, I am always open to a good debate.

3 comments:

  1. And away we go! I'll be reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got lots of good reasons to blog. I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am clicking the "like" button.

    ReplyDelete